Hill's Prescription Diet Feline k/d is dry food specifically designed for the nutritional management of cats with kidney disorders. It is is a complete and balanced cat food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs as well as a great taste! It facilitates mixed feeding of both wet and dry food for great cat enjoyment and helps prolong life and strongly improve your catís quality of life by helping to reduce the progression and level of signs due to urinary tract disease.
Kidneys are very important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible; however k/d has been clinically tested to improve the quality of life in cats.
- Reduced levels of high-quality protein to prevent toxic break-down products from causing discomfort and help minimise kidney workload
- Reduced phosphorus to help maintain healthy kidney function and minimise stress on kidneys
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Extra omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil to help improve the blood flow to the kidneys and to support kidney health
- Increased levels of B-complex vitamins to compensate urinary losses
- Helps neutralise free radicals as it contains high level of antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Ingredients: Rice, maize gluten meal, animal fat, poultry meat meal, dried whole egg, minerals, fish oil, cellulose, digest, dried beet pulp, flax seed, DL-methionine, L-lysine, vitamins, taurine, L-tryptophan, trace elements, beta-carotene.