Ask a question about ...
Supreme Selective Timothy Hay 2kg
This quality hay goes through six specialist processes to ensure that only the highest quality goes in the bag:
- From the first cut of the year. This provides the strongest grasses with the tastiest seed heads
- Spread in the field 6 times over 3 days. This retains the highest level of nutrients
- The damp hay is then raked, ready for baling
- Machine dried, rather than sun dried, which retains the best nutrients and natural colour
- The bales are dried for up to 8 hours to lock in nutrients
- The hay is then hand packed
The drying process is important to the quality of Timothy Hay as this is the key to keeping all the goodness in the product. Sun drying could take up to 6 days, exposing the hay to harmful UV rays that damage the hay, and give an inferior product for your rabbits.
This highly palatable hay contains around 25-30% fibre, as well as 9% balanced protein, making it perfect to feed to your pets, keeping their teeth and digestion in top condition.